The annual Health and Fitness Industry Awards
The annual Health and Fitness Industry Awards recognises individuals and businesses that have excelled in their commitment to the health and fitness of the Australian community.
Dolphins Health Precinct has been awarded GOLD in 2011, 2013 and 2014 by Fitness Australia for demonstrating quality service, innovation, community connection and commitment to industry standards. Fitness Australia formally acknowledged Dolphins Health Precinct’s outstanding achievements within the fitness industry and the community by presenting them with a Gold Quality Award which is the highest accolade that the industry can award to a fitness provider.
Fitness Australia’s Health and Fitness Industry Quality Awards promote and celebrate industry excellence and the work the fitness industry does in helping Australians get and stay fit and healthy.
Since opening Dolphins Health Precinct has been recognised consistently within the industry, including:
2011 – Gold [QLD], Fitness Australia – Fitness Facility of the Year (< 2000 members).
2011 – Gold [National], Fitness Australia – Fitness Facility of the Year (< 2000 members).
2012 – Silver [National], Fitness Australia – Fitness Facility of the Year (< 2000 members).
2012 – QLD AustSwim Swim Centre of the Year.
2013 – Gold Quality Award [National], Fitness Australia.
2014 – Gold Quality Award [National], Fitness Australia.
The National and State AUSTSWIM awards
The National and State AUSTSWIM awards provide an opportunity to recognise and congratulate AUSTSWIM teachers™, presenters and recognised swim centres for their contribution to the aquatic education industry.
The AUSTSWIM award is the premier award presented to individuals in Australia that achieve the highest standards of aquatic education excellence.
To be eligible for an award the nominees must have been able to demonstrate considerable experience and or knowledge in all areas of the selection criteria.
Dolphins Health Precinct won the AUSTSWIM Best QLD Swim Centre and Lisa MacLean was awarded 2012 QLD AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics.
Recognition received from external health providers:
- Heartmoves – Dolphins Health Precinct’s program received recognition from Allied Health and was acknowledged in the Athens Medical Conference. Dolphins Health Precinct’s members and facility were used in the study as well as marketing.
- Dolphins Health Precinct received a Highly Commended award from the Spinal Injuries Association. The award is judged on accessibility, staff and amenities for disabled usage.
- MS Swimathon – Dolphins Health Precinct acknowledged as the highest fundraiser for 2013, raising $9,000.
- 2012 – Lisa MacLean won Best Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics Award.
- 2013 – Amy Hipwood won National Swim Teacher of the Year.